Saturday 20 January 2018

Week 451 - Butterflies (and a word about publishing comments)

I am just hijacking Wendy's post to add a note about the recent commenting problems many of us have been experiencing on Blogger, this info was passed on to us and seems to speed things up by simply changing one of our blog setting from the default one of embedded:

In the settings on your blog select 'posts, comments and sharing, select 'comment location' and from the drop down menu select 'pop up window' then save. 

It's as simple as that, we have tried it out and it certainly does seem to help no end for those visiting our blogs, so the more we spread the word the better it's going to become for all of us. Now back to Wendy to tell us all about this weeks theme................

Good Morning, Wendy L here to host this wonderful challenge of...........

*****Butterflies********

We have two prizes to be chosen by random org up for grab from our sponsor, Tattered Lace.



Tattered Lace is home to a range of beautifully delicate and detailed craft products, including the successful Tattered Lace Dies, Embossing Folders and stamps, designed by Stephanie Weightman.

Here are the Design Team creations..................

Using Tattered Lace Pindot Butterfly die


Please note: If we do not comment on your entry it will be because it does not follow the theme, qualify under our rules, or because we are asked to sign in or provide additional data to comment on third party hosts such as Instagram, Facebook, Flickr, Slipcoast. We do not want to be rude but we do want to be fair to those who do follow the rules.


Before linking your entry are you sure it meets our theme and challenge rules ? 


17 comments:

Marina said...

Thank you for the advice. I've had trouble commenting on others' blogs and had no idea people might be having the same problem with mine. I've changed my settings now.

Craftyfield said...

Wonderful makes from the teamies!
I have changed my setting too and, when commenting, I now open several tabs at once so I don't have to wait for my first comment to be posted. By the time I have commented on a 2nd post (or 3rd or 4rth) I come back to the first and find it is posted, I close the tab, check the next one, close it and so forth...

Di said...

I've changed my comments setting although wasn't aware of any problems - I do a lot of commenting and also get quite a few as well. The drop down setting does take away the 'reply' option directly under a comment I think.

Wonderful cards again B and your DT - must get more organised here and try to play along more this year.

Hugs

Di xx

Barbara Godden said...

thanks so much for the information I really am not very experienced with the workings of the blog I mess things up all the time if left to my own devices. The instructions were clear and easy. Love your theme this challenge.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Thanks for the trick, Brenda. I changed the post setting and it really works better.
Amazing inspirations from all the team!

Fikreta said...

so very nice cards from team!
I changeed my setings and will share inframtions about that on my blog.
hugs

Jane Willis said...

I've been using the multiple tabs trick too, but thanks to your advice I've changed my settings to make it easier for people to comment on my blog. I hope it's just a temporary glitch and won't always be like this!
Jane

Jenny L said...

Hi,
what very super inspirational DT creations.
Thank you so much for all your hard work involved in this excellent challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Janis said...

All the butterflies are truly gorgeous!!! Fabulous challenge theme.

I changed my settings, although I really hate to because I do occasionally wish to reply to someone's comment on my blog post. Also I dislike commenting on a pop-up window because I need to go back and forth between the two windows to comment on different elements of the card I am admiring, instead of just scrolling up for another look.

Thank you for another lovely challenge!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Jolanda's Blog said...

All butterflies are really awesome!!!
Jolanda xxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen Petitt said...

Thank you for the challenge, and gorgeous inspirations from the DT xx

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.

Dorothy S said...

Thanks for the information on speeding up the comment procedure. I changed my settings - I am tech challenged so I have no idea of this will help or not. Hopefully some one who comments on my blog will let me know if it is not working.

Radhika said...

iti colleges in mumbai
ncvt iti result 2018
after 10th iti courses
iti admission 2018 gujarat

payal said...

Outstanding post! The post content is really nice. Also, give the useful information from this post. But I like to share the useful details about vidmate app installation. Plz check it and refer it for installing the vidmate app.
vidmate apk download

Unknown said...

Outstanding information! Thanks for sharing the post. I want to share the SHAREit app installation details
Shareit for android