Saturday 4 September 2010

Allsorts Week 68 - New Beginnings

Good morning everyone. Welcome to another new challenge here at Allsorts as chosen by me (Debs). But first a great big THANK YOU to all that took the time to join in the fun with Helene's Garden/Park challenge last week - don't forget to check the previous post to see if you were the lucky winner or if you made TOP5.

So this week and next week will be the start of the new school year for most school children in the UK and for my son (and lots more 11 year olds) it also sees the beginning of a new milestone they have reached - moving up to 'BIG' school.
So when I saw it was my turn to pick the theme this week, I immediately knew I wanted to have
'NEW BEGINNINGS' as the theme. 

We are delighted to have another Guest Designer with us this month and are thrilled to welcome Vicky from Stamp Addicts. Vicky and her sister Sarah run the family owned business and we are all familiar with their faces from their regular shows on Create and Craft and craft exhibitions around the Country. Those of us lucky enough to live in the region know what a wonderful selection of stamps and craft products can be found at their shop, but if you are unable to visit the store everything can be purchased from their on line store.

As it is the first of the month we have our regular sponsor this week

and 1 lucky winner picked using Random.org will win 10 digi images of their choice.
Here is the card Vicky made for us this week:

Vicky



And here is some gorgeous inspiration from the DT

Debs





Helene
(my new school year calendar)










Hope you can join us this week.

Also - don't forget we have our other challenge still running over at:



22 comments:

Celeste said...

The DT cards are absolutely gorgeous!

Paula said...

thanks for another lovely challenge
some beautiful cards DT, lots of inspiration for me
xx

bcriminger said...

cute cards!

Cindy Groh said...

Since my nephews are starting at a new school this will be a new beginning for them.

Nancy said...

Beautiful DT samples!!!

Sue said...

Great challenge and fab cards from the DT.

Dorte said...

Beautiful cards from the DT. Thanks for the inspiration and a great challenge.
Dorte,x

Kristine said...

Fun Fun!! Great challenge and awesome samples by your DT! With back to school, also comes back to dance classes... my girls are li'l ballerinas, so that's what I went with =) THANKS!

Anonymous said...

for me its a new beginning doing a Tilda (magnolia) card. hugs bettina

thread-bare said...

Great to be able to enter one of your fab challenges again. Amazing DT work x Clare x

Loz said...

Oh, perfect challenge for me as I had to make a heap of Wedding/Engagement cards!! Love the DT samples ♥

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi thanks for a great challenge :)
The DT have given us wonderful inspiration.
Thanks so much.
Have a great crafty week.
Lisa

Christy said...

I made a back to school layout and a bookmark for my son tonight....thanks for the inspiration :)

Jackie said...

Hi there, what fantastic cards from the DT. This is my firt time on your challenge, thank you for the opportunity :o)
Jackie xx

Rachel said...

Lovely challenge again this week ladies and gorgeous DT cards.

Wedgie xxx

Lynne Phelps said...

Beautiful examples by the design team. Love the blog title too! Neat challenge to expand a back to school inspiration to New Beginnings of ALLSORTS, ha!

Tine said...

Thanks for another great challenge ladies.
Tine :)

Kim Sonksen said...

Thanks for another fun challenge

Fern said...

I love to see what you all have going on and to see what the dt comes up with... Another great challenge!!! Hugs!!!

CG said...

What a fun challenge! I really love everything people have come up with.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the challenge. I adore the little school girl card.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

such wonderful and so very different cards from the dt this week. Sorry I'm late with my card I was waiting for my stamps to arrive. janex