Saturday 5 June 2010

Allsorts Challenge Week 55 - Strawberries and Cream

Happy Saturday all you crafters and welcome to another challenge at Allsorts where it's my (Brenda) turn to host the challenge again.

Where I live in the Cambridgeshire Fens, the arrival of strawberries in late May is always an eagerly awaited event in the produce calendar, so for my theme this week I want you to draw inspiration from the pictures below.

You don't have to put strawberries on your project, although of course you can if you want and you can use other colours for skin, hair etc., but the main ones should be taken from the pictures and I have given you two to make things a bit easier.
Above a cake I made for crafting research........such sacrifices and of course I had to try a piece to ensure the picture was fit for blog publication and below a simple bowl of strawberries and cream.......and everything is calorie free of course.

This weeks winner will receive a prize from one of our regular sponsors :

and Sally-Ann will be offering our lucky winner a choice if £10 value digital images so you will be absolutely spoilt for choice from all the wonderful images she has available.

As usual we have some wonderful inspiration from the Design Team, details of how their creations were made and products uses can be found on their blogs, juct click on their names to go to them.
Two cards, making choices was never my strong point


Emma




27 comments:

Jilly said...

These are all lovely and what a scrummy theme. xx

Catherine said...

What a great challenge ! Gosh, the photos are so so yummy ! The DT have made some gorgeous creations ! Thanks for the inspiration ! SMiles from Catherine

Celeste said...

I want that cake recipe!!!!
Beautiful cards everyone!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fantastic work , looks so yummy. janex

Lisa said...

Hello all! First time here! Love your blog, so cute and colorful. Thanks for the inspiration, LOVE those DT cards!

Messi Jessi said...

This is the best challenge theme I've seen yet! Yum yum yum is all I can say xxx

Card Crazy said...

How beautiful these all are. I feel lucky to be part of such a creative enterprise.
Sue S.

Dazzled Nance said...

SWEET challenge! I love a card challenge that LITERALLY incorporates chocolate in more than one way!

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful DT Cards ladies, thanks for the great challenge, have been wanting to use this little image for ages hugs Heidi xx

Unknown said...

I'm hungry! How delicious does that cake look? I need to get cooking. Love the theme.

Anne said...

Thanks for this challenge - it inspired me and brought back some happy 'strawberry' memories which made for happy crafting!

Celeste said...

I'm still looking for that cake recipe! I posted my card.

Ginger Claire said...

A fabulous challenge and beautiful DT work x

Mary Ski said...

Dad used to talk about Allsorts candies. He was from Canada. Nice memory. Had fun with this challenge.

Sandra P said...

Great Challenge colors :) Yummy one too!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Danielle said...

The most delicious challenge girls! Gorgeous DT inspiration too!
Hugs, Danielle

Rachel said...

What a scrummy challenge! Love all the DT cards too.

Wedgie xxx

Pattie G said...

Oh my Gosh! What yummy treats. That cake looks so good and the DT inspirations are fabulous.

Hugs
Pattie

Jane said...

I shall spend the week just looking at that cake!!!!! dribble...

The Occasional Crafter said...

Fantastic inspiration. Do we win the cake too??
Good luck to everyone in the challenge, there are some gorgeous designs!

Best wishes,
xxPaulaxx

Emma and Susan said...

The DT cards are amazing, what a good selection of inspiration.
Thanks for the chance of entering this challenge.
Love Susan
xxx

Lynda said...

Lovely designs. The inspiration is just what i need.

Beverly G said...

Yummy challenge, great for my little grand girls birthdays.

Fabiola said...

un challenge très ...gourmand...merci

Margaret said...

Is that scrummy looking cake part of the prize? :o) xx

Dorte said...

Thanks for the inspiration, LOVE those DT cards! What a scrummy challenge!
hugs Dorte

Barbara said...

What beautifully designed cards. I went to my neglected stamps and found this adorable strawberry and decided it would be a perfect graduation stamp. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for visiting out blog. Feel free to stop and "follow" our stamping adventures.